Sunday, December 20, 2015

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

and no I am not talking about snow! This year I was more pumped than usual to get my decorations out. As in every year I stock up right after Christmas on cheap finds and put them away in totes for the next year. It's always fun to see what I find as I open them. I usually forget what I have purchased. I really wanted to focus on the PINKs, purples and golds of my Christmas decorating this year and I am always on the hunt for holiday decorations with those colors.

it's beginning to look a lot like christmas | victoria johnson:


A couple of years ago I oped to buy a 6ft skinny tree from Target online. It fits my tiny house at this time in my life. I can't wait for the time I have a bigger house and can get a BIG tree. I started collecting PINK and purple ornaments when I lived in Dallas and my Grandma Foss had given me a Pier One gift card. There was a GREAT Pier One outlet in Dallas and I scored some seriously good deals that year.
Also from Dallas is my Cowboy Snowman which I put on my armoire this year in between my two ISU snowman.

I picked up a few trees this year between the Overland Park Holiday Mart and Gordmans (which already has holiday decorations 50% off).  

Because I wasn't using the traditional colors inside I decided to use a few of them outside. I picked up this tree at Heartstrings On My Own Store in Overland Park.

I love this bulb garland in different shades of PINK. I got this a few years ago at Restoration Emporium in the West Bottoms.

I love shopping where you "dig" to find a bargain. These two pillows ironically are on a light blue fabric but with shades of PINK, purple and gold. How perfect. I found them at Nordstrom Rack.

I picked up this little feather tree at my friend Tara's Reborn By Tara shop! I love a good deal and Tara has good deals.

Same with this tree. When I saw Tara post it on Facebook with a price of $12 I had to snag it. 

My stocking holders are new this year thanks to Target's dollar aisle. They were $3. Had I known I would have little Riesy in my home when I shopped after Christmas bargains at a Crate and Barrel outlet some 5 years ago I would have purchased two of these feathered stockings. Unfortunately, Ries just gets a plain one!


If you're looking to spruce up your house with pink Christmas decorations this #pink holiday season, you've come to the right place.  Here you can buy...:
As much as I love my little house with all the decorations this year, I can't wait to get HOME HOME to Mom and Dad's decorations and celebrate there. There's no place like HOME.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top