Saturday, November 28, 2015

Black Friday Mexican Style

My Thanksgiving company stayed around the day after. We went to the infamous Arthur Bryants for lunch, which I actually did not think was that great and then did some wine tasting at Amigoni Urban Winery. If you haven't been there yet, you must go! Great little place.  For dinner, I had planned ahead and made Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas and Slow Cooker Refried Beans.  I was very pleased with how both had turned out. 

For years I have made the same old Enchilada recipe with cream cheese and chicken filling. It was time to change it up. Naturally I had pinned several enchilada recipes over the years and had several to chose from.  Instead of using a rotisserie chicken as the recipe suggests I actually cooked a pound and a half of chicken in the crock-pot with 2 cans of diced tomatoes and green chilies.  After it cooled I shredded the chicken which made it easy to fill in the tortillas.




This recipe made two pans and they are easy to freeze.

I'll just go ahead and admit I love refried beans and it was so easy to cook them in the crock-pot. They also filled the house with an amazing smell, really! It was so cheap and easy and I have several containers frozen. I don't think I'll ever buy a can of refried beans again!



Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top